Monday, March 23, 2015

A note from Miss Clara

Hello,

I am baby number 9. I was born in the middle of the night Friday night. That makes me about 2 days old in this picture. The farmer lady brought me inside for the night because my mom has no milk and I just can't get warm outside. This is the first good sleep I've had, wrapped up in the farmer lady's coat while she did chores at midnight last night. One handed. Go farmer lady! I'm tiny -- tinier than my first 6 sisters and 2 brothers, but not quite as tiny as my 7th sister who was born just this morning. She's REALLY small. Her mom doesn't have any milk either, but at least her mom lets her try to drink.

Pffft.

The farmer lady is a bit behind or she would have written herself. She'll catch up one day. Or not.

Me? I'm off to nap again.

Faithfully yours,
Miss Clara of Tyche's Run






3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for Farmer Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Are the ewes coming into milk or are you having to bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain... my own little one from a milkless mom has completely taken over the house.

    ReplyDelete