Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bom Bom



This is BomBom.

A day or two ago, he stopped eating his hay.

I think he may have broken a tooth.

The first clue should have been the blood on one of his hind legs Saturday. I checked the leg out and couldn't figure out where the blood came from. The leg seemed fine.

Meanwhile, he's leaving all his hay on the ground, but acting hungry and gobbling up his handful of grain.

This morning there was a smear of blood on his front leg. Not a lot of blood, just a smear. Ah ha. He must have scratched an itchy leg with his teeth and left the blood behind.

I'm trying to figure out what the options are. He hasn't let me get a good look in his mouth yet. I may have to call the vet back out. This is the same pony who gashed himself on a sharp fence corner last month. Oy. Ponies.

The most immediate goal is to get some hay in him.  I put a half a flake in a pan to soak this morning.

At lunchtime he said,

"Finally."

Sucked down the soggy hay.

Stamped and pawed the pan.

"Now give me more."

Poor little guy was so hungry. Gotta fix his teeth.












No comments:

Post a Comment